Adjusting spacers (included in the supply)
|s panel thickness [mm]||Adjusting spacer to be used|
|3.1 < s < 4.1||-|
|4.1 < s < 5.1||5mm|
|5.1 < s < 6.1||6mm|
|6.1 < s < 7.1||7mm|
|7.1 < s < 8.0||8mm|
Features and applications
- The product is in compliance with the Machine Directive (2006/42/CE) that provides for the retention of all the clamping elements in the open position too. (ELESA patent) The two parts of the tightening clamp are connected thanks to an articulated joint and they have got a seat for housing a screw and a M5 nut, which are retaining as well.
- The special dimensions of the clamp allow its assembly on profiles with a width of 25 mm or higher.
- The panel assembly into the clamp does not require any drilling which may cause cracks in the panel.
- The pads deform upon tightening to guarantee the perfect fastening of the inserted panel.
- The chemical bond of the overmoulded pads makes them a single body with the clamp. The embossed surface avoid any possible sticking of the pad to the panel over the time.
- The tightening clamp allows a direct assembly of panels with thickness from 3.1 mm to 4 mm. The assembly of panels with higher thicknesses, up to a maximum of 8 mm, is possible by inserting the spacers into a specific cavity provided in the clamp.
- To prevent machine danger zones being reached through any opening in the machine protection structure made of panels fixed with the PC clamp, it is necessary to keep a safety distance (Fig. 4) according to ISO 13857, section 4.2.4 (the safety distance is the minimum distance required between a protection structure and a potentially dangerous component of the machine).
Assembly of the clamp on the profile
- M6 shorted cylindrical head screw with DIN 7984 hexagon socket (fig.1).
- DIN 933 M6 hexagonal head screw (fig. 2).
- DIN 439B or DIN 934 M6 hexagonal nut (fig. 3).