The antimicrobial material EBP.SAN handle is made out of, stops any deposit of bacteria, mildew and fungi, offering a sanitized effect on the surface.
Tests carried out on material samples confirmed the absolute stability of the antimicrobial action after several cleaning cycles at high temperatures with soap and solvents.
The great resistance to high temperatures of the antimicrobial additive allows this handle to reach sterilisation temperatures (130°C).
Samples of this material have undergone laboratory tests in compliance with JIS Z 2801. The microbes used to carry out these tests are the ones which present the greatest resistance to antimicrobial products:
- Klebsiella pneumoniae ATCC 4352;
- Escherichia coli ATCC 8739;
- Staphilococcus aureus ATCC 6538P;
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 12055.
EBP.SAN handle is suitable for applications where hygienic and sanitary elements are required:
- medical and hospital equipment
- disability aids
- machines for food processing and pharmaceutical industry
- equipment for catering service
- urban and public fittings.
Tensile stress and impact strength: the values F1, F2, L1 and L2 indicated in the table were obtained during breaking tests carried out with the appropriate dynamometric equipment under the test conditions shown in the figure with ambient temperature.